Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Sock in a Day....or a Sock in 18 hours or less

I've joined Everwhelming Liz's Sock in a Day challenge. I just wonder if I have to frog the 3 garter ridges and 1st 2 pattern rows of my chevron (Sensational Knitted Socks) out of Sassy Stripes in blues? I already have cast on, knit six rows, ripped out 4 and reknit 6. I promise not to pick it up again till the 11th and will count the 2 hours I worked on this while watching Food Network Caters Your Hawaiian Wedding on Sunday afternoon. I think working on a sock would be a great Mother's Day activity!

I've been asked about my name...Da Gu Ma...and what the heck that means. This is the name given to me by my neice - well, actually by her mother before she could call me this. My brother's beautiful wife is from Taiwan. Da Gu Ma means "oldest aunt on father's side." My sister loves this, as her name, Ar Gu Ma, means "2nd aunt on father's side" (therefore letting everyone who understands Chinese know that I'm older)! I am just using phonetic spelling because I have no idea how else to write these names. Four year old Marianne, who understands but resists speaking Chinese, sounds so adorable when she calls us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My own mother, cheating on my sock challenge! Scandalous!

I'll let you keep it ;-)

AuntieAnn said...

I'm doing it the 18-hour way, also. For me it will be sock 2 of a pair, hopefully this yarn will have made up its mind about what gauge it wants to be by then!