Monday, May 28, 2007

6 Days - 7 Nights


Sock Worm on the right: "Look what I see."
Sock Worm on the left: "I can't bear to look....I'm keeping my eye closed."
I've always had a problem with a loose gauge, but on the last half of Sock #2, I just had a feeling I was knitting too tight. It ended without the last 2 rows being navy. But, I'm done and these toes will either be inside my clogs or will make for interesting conversation!

Liz said to take photos using natural daylight to get closer to the true color. During daylight today (which was pretty dark due to overcast skies), I wasn't finished with Sock #2. During daylight tomorrow, I'll be at work and we have no windows. I thought about taking my socks to work, going outside at lunch, changing into the socks and taking a photo, but then decided to just tell you that these socks are closer to shades of cornflower blue than royal/turquoise. I'll take a photo next weekend.

Needless to say....I'm so excited. It took me only 6 days to finish the 2nd sock...and during that time I worked a few days, grocery shopped, cooked, did laundry, bought the gray/red/gold Sassy Stripes, got my 16 year old son a job, went with my husband to buy a new grill, helped him put it together, and went to church and youth group! Not bad! Those stripes seem to really keep me going. ("I'll get up and cook when I get to the next color change.....")

Now I'm going to ignore the celtic cable scarf, the silk sari scarf, the Lopi dog sweater, the WIPs put away years ago and knit another pair of socks.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love the sock conversation! Is this the fastest thing you've ever knit?

AuntieAnn said...

Socks are so addictive! As soon as I finished the bind-off on my latest sock, I promptly cast on for another!

It's OK when your socks talk to each other, but watch out when you start having conversations with your socks -- just saying.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.