Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Twelve Days of Sock Knitting


At 10:43 PM on May 22, 2007, I finished the sock I started on May 11th. I used Cascade Yarn Sassy Stripes. After many false starts, I finally got rolling. I might have even finished on time, but Saturday before the challenge was over, I didn't even look at my knitting bag. And I forgot to keep track of the hours I spent knitting so don't know exactly how long it took. The main thing was that it was fun and I'm pleased with how it turned out (except I did end up with those ears on the toes, but since the kitchener stitch is navy, you can't see it).
I started Sock #2 last night. Since I'd made a few alterations to the sizing and didn't take good notes, I had to start before I forgot what I was doing. (I guess if I remember now, I could stop knitting long enough to clarify my notes!) I wanted #2 to have basically the same stripe pattern as Sock #1, so had to pull a bunch of yarn out of the skein to get to the right color for the cast-on.
While working on this, my mind kept wandering to the Sassy Stripes in the grey, red and gold colorway. I'm wondering how that would look......

2 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Very pretty sock! Right, do the 2nd before you forget what you did on the first.

Ha, I beat you, Liz!

Liz said...

Lovely! And I like the hibachi it's resting on. Hurry up and finish the second one!