Sunday, May 27, 2007

Tagged....I'm It

I was “tagged” by AuntieAnn. Here are the rules and my random facts!

Rules:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.

2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.

3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight Random Things about Me:

1. I've lived in 7 states and 3 countries (counting the US). The other countries were in Asia. I would love to live in a European country for a while, but alas....without someone else to pay for it......

2. I sold Mary Kay for several years. When consultants tell how they got into Mary Kay (to sell products or recruit other consultants), they tell their "I" story. My "eye" story is about how I was primping for an evening of excitement at Seminar in Dallas and pulled all my eyelashes out of one eye when the eyelash curler slipped. They were all stuck perfectly curved on the mirror, and my eye was bald!

3. I fold towels in secret because I'm the only one in my family who knows how to do it right. I don't want to crush their egos by letting them know I refold their incorrect work when they aren't looking.

4. I've been through the San Francisco earthquake, the 1968 tornado in Topeka, Kansas, several floods in Oklahoma and Texas, and several hurricanes/cyclones on the Gulf Coast and in Japan. Don't be afraid to be around me....I really don't think it's me!

5. I have webbed toes but I'm not a very strong swimmer. (Actually only the 2nd and 3rd toes are partially webbed).

6. I earned expert medals in pistol and rifle, and I've fired an M-60 machine gun and an M-79 grenade launcher. These skills come in handy when knitting (or threatening the family to let me finish a round).

7. I hiked down the South Teton (we actually ran the last mile and luckily our legs kept up with gravity) and from the top of Haleakala to Hana, Maui. I've never hiked UP a big mountain.

8. I like mint and I like chocolate, but I hate them together. I'm never in the fight over a York or the last Thin Mint.

I'm too new to blogging to have anyone to tag (other than those who've already been tagged and tagged me).


Sock Update

Maybe later I'll post a photo of my completed sock #2. I'm beating my speed record and have just started on the foot with 2 days left in this long weekend to knit

Memorial Day

Please remember those have served and are currently serving our country.

2 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Thanks for the reminder of why we have this three-day weekend. My mom lived through Pearl Harbor, and the rest of her senior year of HS was canceled as a result of it. She was given her certificate and went on to eventually earn a Ph.D., but we like to tease her that she "never finished high school". However, she never served in the military, somehow this came to mind today from your 8 things. Thanks for playing! Your towel secret is out, though! Oh, and I have hiked down Half Dome in Yosemite, but not up it!

Liz said...

Wait, are you saying that I don't fold towels right either? How would you even know, if you never let me? ;-)